Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to CAMPAIN via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
CAMPAIN, the Campaign against Misinformation in Public Affairs, Information and the News, email email@example.com;
UK Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR);
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by CAMPAIN and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to CAMPAIN and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.campain.org, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Data collected and how we will use it
6. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, CAMPAIN is the “data controller”.
7. We will retain any Data you submit for as long as required for the conduct of our business.
8. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, or you provide express permission, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
9. We assure you that we shall not use that Data for direct marketing purposes.
10. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
11. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by CAMPAIN (where such Data is held). If you don’t want us to process your data any more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party websites and services
12. CAMPAIN may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes in ownership and control of CAMPAIN
15. We may also disclose Data to a prospective new owner of our organisation or any part of it.
16. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
17. Data security is of great importance to CAMPAIN and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
18. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
19. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
21. All Cookies used by this Website will be used in accordance with current UK Cookie Law.
22. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling CAMPAIN to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
23. This Website may place the cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
24. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed.
25. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
26. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
29. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
30. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact CAMPAIN by email at email@example.com
15 March 2021
32. These terms and conditions were created on the basis of a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).